By now you’ve probably had a friend mention a raspberry Pi. If you’re not geek enough, it probably went right over your head. One of my geek friends said, “Why do I need a Pi? It’s just basically a cheap cell phone without a screen.”
While he does bring up a good point, much like a cell phone, there are many cool things you can do with it. Here’s some of my favorite projects I have running on my RaspberryPi’s at home.
Cool things to do:
- Media Player (I Run Plex) – Have a TV that’s not smart? Or could be smarter? Try running a Pi
- Retro Gaming Machine. Before you drop $ on one of those classic Nintendo boxes, why not make your own thats 100x better?! Check out (RetroPi)
- A Home Server – (links coming soon. )
- Your very own Dropbox – (same )
- Syncthing backup device – Syncthing replaces proprietary sync and cloud services with something open, trustworthy and decentralized.
- A network Ad Removal tool with Pihole
- A home network Virtual Private Network with PiVPN.
- A Brewing system http://web.craftbeerpi.com/
Get yours on Amazon Now.
Set yours up E-Z what way I do.